News about Born in the Borders ...
It’s our second birthday!!!
And to celebrate, we’re running 2 weeks of offers from 21st May to 5th June. With deals on everything from food and drink to main courses and coffees, there’s sure to be something to tempt you …
We won again at the Border Union Show!
Thanks to a huge amount of work by the team, we managed to win the Best Trade Stand award for the second year in a row. But the best thing was how many people we managed to see … the stand felt constantly busy throughout the show, and it was great to be able to take such a huge range of local food and drink with us. Can we make it third time lucky? Watch this space …
Latest job vacancies
BARISTA/FRONT OF HOUSE
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and professional barista/waiter/waitress to join our front of house team.
The successful candidate will be friendly and outgoing, with a positive attitude and a genuine passion to deliver excellent levels of customer service and an outstanding customer experience.
Main duties include
– Providing an excellent customer experience at all times with prompt, efficient and friendly service
– Preparing all drinks and light lunches
– Cash handling
– General housekeeping & cleaning duties
– Great communication to be effective within the team
– Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment
– Being an ambassador for the brand at all times
This position will require a huge degree of flexibility around working days and hours so applications will only be considered from applicants available 7 days a weeks and within the hours of 6am until 9pm.
Please apply with CV and cover letter to Nicola@bornintheborders.com. Closing date for applications will be Friday 24th July 2015.
- Barista and waiter/waitress trained: 1 year
FRONT OF HOUSE SUPERVISOR
We are now recruiting for an experienced & customer focussed Front of House Supervisor, with a genuine passion and enthusiasm for local food & drink, to oversee and develop the day/evening operation of our 80 cover restaurant/café.
The successful candidate will also be personable, outgoing, meticulous and hands on with the ability to inspire and motivate the front of house team to deliver excellence as standard.
Main responsibilities include
– Day to day supervision and development of the front of house team
– Ensuring excellent levels of customer service and impeccable standards at all times
– Identifying opportunities for profitable sales growth with a forward thinking and commercial attitude
– Ensure ongoing communication with the Head Chef/kitchen team with a desire to learn about every dish, how it is prepared, the producers we source from and be able to successfully convey this to the team and customers
– Manage the booking system
– Being an ambassador for our vision and our brand at all times
– Ensure compliance in all company policies and procedures
Please apply with CV and cover letter to Nicola@bornintheborders.com. Closing date for applications will be Friday 31st July.
- Front of House in a similar environment: 2 years
Our new Summer menu is here!
We won! Scotland Food and Drink Awards 2015
Never been prouder … huge congratulations to the whole team and to all of our suppliers who made this possible …. the ultimate birthday present!!!!!
New menu launches 17th January
Very excited to be launching a whole new menu on 17th January. From all-day breakfasts to stunning soups, sandwiches and an amazing children’s menu, we can’t wait to see what you think …!!!
Charity Duck race raises £230 …
Our charity Duck Race on the 27th December was a huge success, and we managed to raise another £230 for the BGH Maternity Unit. Ducks raced, people cheered and one member of staff even managed to fall in the river! So here’s to next year – we will definitely be doing it again.